Army raises enlistment age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jefforaby said:
I deserve full credit plus two extra credit points! :D
I never said anything about the army regular forces. I pointed out and quoted articles about the army raising the recruitment age.
Lets not start an argument... So what do you think people?

I told you why your title is misleading. The Army didn't raise enlistment age universally. Please be more specific. The Army Reserve and National Guard are raising the recruitment age. This is perfectly fine.

THIS IS NOT A DRAFT. Please get over that people. Those aged 34-39 should have a right to serve if they want to.

Jack, that's not how things work.

jack22 said:
I know thats not how things work and i have to accept it but its just how i feel.

We can't just sit in an arm chair pushing buttons to let missiles (tomahawks) fly to different places in the world. We have to take an active role.

But peopl eneed motivationa nd when your risking your life, that has to be someones choice

jack22 said:
But peopl eneed motivationa nd when your risking your life, that has to be someones choice

Well those who signed up for the military do have that motivation. And afterall nearly 80% of military personel in the last election voted for Bush. Nearly 70% of war veterans did the same.

But it was there choice to do it. If they have the draft then it would just sending people to die without their consent.

Giancarlo said:
Well those who signed up for the military do have that motivation. And afterall nearly 80% of military personel in the last election voted for Bush. Nearly 70% of war veterans did the same.

You're simply making up numbers...

Giancarlo said:
I told you why your title is misleading. The Army didn't raise enlistment age universally. Please be more specific. The Army Reserve and National Guard are raising the recruitment age. This is perfectly fine.

Just to let you know, Army Reserve is part of the Army. How is the title misleading?!?! Look at the links I gave you... Almost every single one says "Army raises enlistment age."

Jefforaby said:
You're simply making up numbers...

Again you are caught in another flat out lie!

No. I'm not. I was 10% off. My apologies.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-10-03-bush-troops_x.htm

"In the survey of more than 4,000 full-time and part-time troops, 73% said they would vote for Bush if the election were held today; 18% said they would vote for Kerry. Of the respondents, 59% identified themselves as Republicans, 20% as independents and 13% as Democrats."

A huge amount of troops are republican anyways.

Jack.. what about WW2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom