Hardrive Nuking

Mattio

Solid State Member
Hello hello....... :rolleyes:
I was wondering ... does anyone know what program I can use to write in binary 000000000000000000000 etc to my harddrive a.k.a. completely delete the whole thing?????? As in wipe all the information off of it, and format it I know that it's crazy, but I want to do it:p :D
O, and if no one understands me, dont be shy to ask me to explain....;)

Low Level formatting is suppose to do that, right? (can someone back me up here ^^; I think it is but I usally only use it for fixing drives)

If I am correct, some bios's have that format. If you purchased your drive, there is usally a disk with a program that'll do this. I have an older program too, but I don't think it'll work on drives over about 120G or so...

Formatting, depening whether you use the /U switch or not, only erases your drive, (either way) although the image of the files / data that were originally located on your drive are still there and can be accessed through the computer or by this new unknown forensic method where they take apart a drive and re create the magnetic data that is stored on it :) so if you convert it all to zeros, then all you get is a blank drive (zeros in BINARY)

I know that ;P And I'm thinking LLF'ing makes them all 0's, but I'm not exactly sure. All I know is I use it to get back bad sectors and such.

The_Other_One said:
some bios's have that format. If you purchased your drive, there is usally a disk with a program that'll do this. I have an older program too, but I don't think it'll work on drives over about 120G or so...

I've gone thru my bios a bazillion times - nothing about formatting my mother board is a ASUS p4p800s - bios is CrashFree BIOS 2

Well well....thankyou res1bxh3 (I hope I got that right) I will do that but I will try it later, over the Easter Holidays - I stilll have school right now and I need my computer for homework:)

Hmm...I'll have to try that prog... It's probably better than my old Dos based one. Though, I assume that's the same thing as LLFing?

Back
Top Bottom