How do yo feel about the pledge of Allegiance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say it because I love this country, but skip the under god part. Nobody is forcing me to say that section.

Treaty of Tripoli? You love America?

I feel like playing some of that cheesy America is Great Music they always play in those War Films when America is wasting resources and risking a dozen to save one man. Its especially funny when sometimes before they play the same music with somebody refuses to kill one man to save a dozen men.

Highly humourous.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Treaty of Tripoli? You love America?

I feel like playing some of that cheesy America is Great Music they always play in those War Films when America is wasting resources and risking a dozen to save one man. Its especially funny when sometimes before they play the same music with somebody refuses to kill one man to save a dozen men.

Highly humourous.

Treaty of Tripoli was an actual charter signed in by US President John Adams and was ratified by the US Congress. It is a very serious document for that matter too.

Don't bash me and don't bash my beliefs, or respect for this country. I take that personally.

I hate that one part because there are a lot of people who don't believe in God and there are schools that force you to say it at one of my old schools if a teacher saw you not doing it (we'd have an assembly with the whole school when we said the pledge and we'd sing a patriotic song) then they'd make you do it again right in front of everyone. I mean jeez the under god part wasn't even in the original pledge it should be taken out and the pledge should have been left how it originally was.

See i hate that they make me stand up and act like im saying it. I am going to start refusing to stand up as i pay respect to my country in ym won way.

jack22 said:
See i hate that they make me stand up and act like im saying it. I am going to start refusing to stand up as i pay respect to my country in ym won way.

Good. I never stand up for it anymore. Luckily my homeroom teacher always has her back turned to me otherwise I'd be in some trouble. Earlier in the year she got upset at someone for not standing for it.

Giancarlo said:
Treaty of Tripoli was an actual charter signed in by US President John Adams and was ratified by the US Congress. It is a very serious document for that matter too.

Don't bash me and don't bash my beliefs, or respect for this country. I take that personally.
I didn't bash your beliefs :D I poked fun at the American Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom