School Shooting!!

why should the US ban guns? they couldnt, many, many people would riot, and fight the ban, (especially here in Maine, lots of hunters) guns arent just used for crime people. they are used for self defense, and for sport, not just for commiting crimes. crap happens, and whenever something like this happens everyone gets into an uproar about guns, thats why people have to register their gns now, and if you have a crime record, you cant legally purchase one, this keeps repeat offenses with guns lower. and as for first time people, especially teenagers, parents should keep a closer watch and kerfew on them, if they snap, they snap, theres not really much that can be done, except to try and spot it early and root out the problem.
BTW hunting is fun, I would riot too if they took my rifle away, and pistols, and etc.... and my uncles would go into an uproar also, because they are gun collectors, and that would really send them over the edge.

When I turn 21, I'm getting a Colt .45 ACP M1911 handgun, that my dad is giving me. Thank goodness I do not live in Britain. I want my weapon for self-defense, and sporting reasons. I used to go to firing ranges all the time. I am a very law abiding citizen.

Edit: Oh ACES, you are going to Cal Tech.. coolness.. it is a great IT uni..

guns are used for sports every day, and even Used by US and other countries Olympians, many Olympic sports have to do with shooting guns, and they would all go down the toilet if the US banned guns.

Okay guys, stop with the gun debate, seriously. The topic is about the shooting, and the boy took the guns from his father, who was a sheriff, so gun ban or not, there is nothing to prevent that. So focus on the shooting, not guns please.....

Just a sad story all together...

rakedog said:
Okay guys, stop with the gun debate, seriously. The topic is about the shooting, and the boy took the guns from his father, who was a sheriff, so gun ban or not, there is nothing to prevent that. So focus on the shooting, not guns please.....

Just a sad story all together...

I know it is a sad story. I heard the kid had aspirations about Adolf Hitler too... and he shot people randomly. Believe me I really am upset about this situation. But, my beliefs were challenged.

I think it was partly the grandfather's fault. He should have put/hid the police issued gun where the kid could not have gotten it. Maybe put it in a secure location with a lock. Also the same thing with the keys of the police car. Why the hell would the grandfather put the keys in a place where the kid has access to?

Giancarlo said:
I know it is a sad story. I heard the kid had aspirations about Adolf Hitler too... and he shot people randomly. Believe me I really am upset about this situation. But, my beliefs were challenged.

I myself am also upset about this situation...sigh... :(

"Additionally, I do not believe there is enough time for the cops to get to my apartment say if I were being robbed. They would get here in five or six minutes, but it would be too late. What if the person is carrying a weapon and is bent on killing you? Well there you go."

The chances of a burgaler in this country being armed with a gun is very unlikly, a gun just isnt standard issue for criminals over here. Not many criminals would like to take on an argy homeowner ether, chances are if you catch them in the act they will run for it. If they do try and attack you and you fear for your life, then you can kill them, you can also kill them without waring if you feel they put you in danger.

"Open minded to change? Redundant laws?"

This statement was badly placed, I intended it to be a general statement and not one directly linking to gun ownership. People in general, shoudol be more open minded about what is nessasery and what isnt. We for one, dont need the Monarchy yet we hold on to it for "traditonal" reasons. Its sad.

"Your country's monarchy has far less power then say the monarchy in Spain, which controls the Armed Forces. The royal monarchy in Spain however has done a lot for the country and should be kept. Well, yes I do think the royal family is a big waste of money.. but it brings in tourism."

I think the ability to declare war is a power that no wrinky old woman shoudl have. :p The "tourism" argument is acctualy rubbish when you lookty at it, thats the conservatives argument for it :p but back to the issue :D

"His figures are completely wrong at any rate."

I agree, I dont like Moore one bit, He makes movies for profit just like any other director, he profits from mass murder.

Another part of that movie that made me laugh was when he tried to claim an aircraft manufacturer (Lockheed Martin was it?) local to Colombine was in some way influncial, Im sorry Moore, but the kids did not walk into the shool with a cruse missile under ther belt, and these things have to be made somewhere.

So yes, I did not take these figures as fact (which is why I never brought them up) :)

"I'm simply saying you are simply wrong. In fact you provide no evidence"

My ownly argument is that kids got these weapons because they were readily avalable, and yesterdays shooting is evedence to this, he got the weapons off his grandad not from the black market. I do blame the partens too, for letting the kid grow up with some crazy alegance to the Nati party.

Incedently I found this artical quite interesting check this out,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1566715.stm

Delta said:
The chances of a burgaler in this country being armed with a gun is very unlikly, a gun just isnt standard issue for criminals over here. Not many criminals would like to take on an argy homeowner ether, chances are if you catch them in the act they will run for it. If they do try and attack you and you fear for your life, then you can kill them, you can also kill them without waring if you feel they put you in danger.

Facts? Figures? You have anything to back this up? In the United States, burgulers do often carry guns. This is the United States, and this is why the populace must be allowed to arm themsleves.

People in general, shoudol be more open minded about what is nessasery and what isnt. We for one, dont need the Monarchy yet we hold on to it for "traditonal" reasons. Its sad.

What does a form of government have to do with gun control?

I think the ability to declare war is a power that no wrinky old woman shoudl have. :p The "tourism" argument is acctualy rubbish when you lookty at it, thats the conservatives argument for it :p but back to the issue :D

In Spain, it is left to King Juan Carlos.. a very tall, astute statesperson. And will be passed onto Prince Felipe. I think the Spanish monarchy is very symbolic. But enough of this.

Another part of that movie that made me laugh was when he tried to claim an aircraft manufacturer (Lockheed Martin was it?) local to Colombine was in some way influncial, Im sorry Moore, but the kids did not walk into the shool with a cruse missile under ther belt, and these things have to be made somewhere.

I found his movies (not documentaries) as very funny... they are almost comedy. If I was an owner of a movie store, I would put his movies into the comedy section.

My ownly argument is that kids got these weapons because they were readily avalable, and yesterdays shooting is evedence to this, he got the weapons off his grandad not from the black market. I do blame the partens too, for letting the kid grow up with some crazy alegance to the Nati party.

Banning guns will not do anything to stop this. In Japan there was a recent spat of knife attacks against school children. Many have been killed because of that. Now they actually have to issue school children vests that are somehow knife proof. It doesn't matter if he got his weapons from his grand-dad. And let me tell you something most crimes are committed from guns from the black market in this country.

Also work on your spelling.

Incedently I found this artical quite interesting check this out,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1566715.stm

That merely proves my point!

~mr mixx~ said:

I think so too, where i come from is Gang related & Rough necks.

yeah, id aagree with this, i come from near to harlow and bishops stortford and both of these are gang related etc, especially harlow, thats just a hole...

Back
Top Bottom