How do yo feel about the pledge of Allegiance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack22

Fully Optimized
Well, i notice a lot fo you people are in school and have to say this and i dont eblieve in it, i refuse to stand up and say it because we arent a nation Under God. How do you feel about it?

i stand out of respect and sometimes i say it sometimes i dont. it all depends on what im doing at the second.

also i dont think that they should take out "under god" bc, well, it's stupid. dont like it? dont say it.

I don't think it should be mandatory. Many schools say the pledge in the morning on the intercom. I think people should pay their respects to the flag of the greatest nation....also to the troops in Iraq and Afganistan as well. I'm not too sure about "under god".... I have mixed feelings.

I'm pretty sure America isn't a Nation under God anymore; if indeed it was ever, nor indeed is it any of the other bumped up things it claims to be in the Pledge. It is however the pledge you've always done - and while you are in America and liking it it would be stupid and hypocritical not to take the oath.

Its not a proper Oath anyway; if you take the Oath you are doing things with God; God gave power to King George (if you believe in God) and he throught God gained America, filled it with British and Irish and such like. Then you stole it from King George; and hence every American is living in Sin :D And the Oath holds not Godly Strength.

If of course you believe in that.

US is a secular nation (according to chapter 11 of the treaty of tripoli, signed and ratified by the US congress in 1797).

The pledge never actually had "under god" in it originally. It was modified to have that in 1952/53.

I recited it only in elementary school a long time ago..

I don't think anybody should pay much attention to the "under god" part. I don't pay any attention to it on currency.

I never say the allegence. I just don't. And the under god part is so bad.... I'm not even going to start on that. So, flat out, I never say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom