X800 XL or 6800 GT (both pci e and 256mb)

X800 XL (it really depends on which brand you like) they are about an equal match, I havent looked at the specs lately, but i think that x800 Xl is faster, also the X800 Xl is newer than then 6800gt :p

exactly I have a X800XL right now. It runs great. But I would choose the GT over it if monay was not a problem.

Spec wise the X800 XL is better except for a few stats in which they're the same, but in most benches, the 6800 GT out performs it by a few frames so I dunno. They're pretty much equal, you won't really be able to see the difference, so all that really matters is the money and how much you can spend.

Giancarlo said:
Wait for the 6950 Ultra... that'll whip the entire X800 series out of the water.

Well the X800 series isn't even supposed to compete with the 6950 Ultra...it was made for competition against the 6800 series.

Yeah, so it would've been smarter to say the 6950 series will own the X850 series, which personally, I don't think it will. The X850 XT PE is just too insane IMO, but the difference between a lot of these cards is so minimal that it's stupid to even argue over which is better. The human eye can't even see most of the differences that the cards have or the few extra frames one card will show, it's actually rather humurous.

Back
Top Bottom