Why do AMD users always talk OC?

The reason why AMD users talk about overclocking is because, unlike the Intel CPU's, they won't melt through your PC like a Xenomorphs acid blood due to the heat when overclocked on stock HSF.

Intel.. if you overclock to an extreme, you will end up with the fire department showing up. You will end up with a fried machine.

I got my Athlon 64 3000+ (754) pushed to 2.2GHz. Overclocked 400MHz, on the stock HSF.

Gian you are incorrect on that. A northwood core will OC much further then any AMD. If you put watercooling on an Intel it wll go further then a AMD.

jack22 said:
Gian you are incorrect on that. A northwood core will OC much further then any AMD. If you put watercooling on an Intel it wll go further then a AMD.

I never said anything in dispute of that, smart one. I simply said P4s run hot.

Anyways it doesn't matter if it can go further. It still isn't faster then an AMD Athlon.

So, from what I read since you have to be cautious, then somehow you are taking chances. In referral to Intel, if AMD is in a race to be faster than Intel, then they shouldn't have to OC since they are faster anyway (as AMD users say)!?
Talking about heat, AMD CPU apparently get hotter than Intel's CPU. If some mention that OC an Intel will set on fire, have you tried it? or can an AMD CPU get fried. There are many newbies out there who probably think OC is easy and may go and fry there CPU!

It is just fun to overclock. And AMD CPUs get hotter then Intel CPUs? What are you out of your mind? That's one of the most wrong things I have ever heard all day. I can push my CPU even further and it'll be just fine. It is operating under a good temperature and is overclocked by 400MHz.

How is it OC'ed 400MHz? My intel goes to 4.1 with just a 25 increase....Is it something petaining to AMD? Like the HTT?

Back
Top Bottom