**Need help with this darn excel**

2004 GT RagTop

Baseband Member
I'm in a fantasy baseball league and I want to see how many pts my team would end up with if they repeated last years numbers, also want to tweak some numbers to my projections and such, so I figured excel would be awesome instead of busting out the ol calculator.

I can't seem to figure out how to get a formula to make each category work tho! What I did was I listed all my players on the left side going down, and then listed the categories going across on top. I filled in the numbers for a couple players, and I tried to modify the categories as approriate. Example, a HR is worth a total of 5 pts, so I entered 5 under the category HR, clicked =, clicked the 5, then typed in how many homers my player hit in the approriate box. But when I go and drag the formula down, it changes and does not stay constant with the cell that the 5 is in, rather goes down to the next cell, and then the next, etc...

I want to make it so a whole column has a formula for it, like 5 * X number of HRs, then the next column have 3 * X number of triples my player has, so on and so forth.

Thanks for listening to what was probably a hella confusing post lol

my.php

Thats where i'm at, I want a formula for the whole column of runs, doubles, tripes, homers, etc... So that way when I plug in the next batters numbers, it automatically multiplies the numbers for me, thus making life easier for me lol

You'll have to learn who excel macros' work and what are the functions. A "X" is actually a cell number in your case. It's like mathematics, once you've learned it, you can write any macros and know how to apply it in your spreadsheet. Read the help file a bit!

Back
Top Bottom