Need help with a decision

ACES WILD

Daemon Poster
I finally got the go-ahead to start ordering parts for my "One Pc to rule them all" and I've settled on a A64 +4000 skt939. BUt I dont know which core to chose, they are both the same price, 599.99 US, should i get the sledgehammer core or the Clawhammer core? im going to be on water cooling, but it will be a while before im finished building this comp due to the fact that at it's current price I have to buy things 1 to 2 parts @ a time, so this week im going to order the Proc, and the Mobo (abit F4tality skt939) this things gonne be awesome, but it will probably be december by the time im done building it. So what Core?

BTW i will be Oc'ing

Wait For The Venice Coreson April 4th...look At The Venice Thread And Click The Links... They Will Show You Good Stuff....so Far They Look Like Good Oc'ers.

thanks, i guess I will wait for venice cores. so i'll get the GFX card instead of the CPU this month, but do you think newegg will have them in-stock soon after they come out, I hope so....
BTW gfx is ASUS X850 pro 256mb PCI-E (bummer I cant use it till all my parts are here though due to lack of PCI-E on my other comps:()
hopefully they will make an A64 4000+ with the venice core, also will the price on them be increased? because 600 US for a proc is Pushing my budget as it is, if it is more expensive, I'll get a 3500 instead.

ur going to be done in december? by then your computer will not rule..but will still be good

ACES WILD said:
thanks, i guess I will wait for venice cores. so i'll get the GFX card instead of the CPU this month, but do you think newegg will have them in-stock soon after they come out, I hope so....
BTW gfx is ASUS X850 pro 256mb PCI-E (bummer I cant use it till all my parts are here though due to lack of PCI-E on my other comps:()
hopefully they will make an A64 4000+ with the venice core, also will the price on them be increased? because 600 US for a proc is Pushing my budget as it is, if it is more expensive, I'll get a 3500 instead.

They arent supposed to be anymore as the winny's didnt cost anymore then the newcastle. Neweg always suprises me so yea. There might be slight price gougling. Someone got the 3800+ up to 3.0 on air.

I think the Venice core will be in the 3800+, so it doesn't really matter since you can OC Venice's like hell. :p

december, thats my soonest date, but it will still kick some serious A$$ even then, compared to other people's comps, maybe not the newest, but it will still be way better than What I have Now, these Are the specs on it
-A64 (venice) 3800
-1.5 gigs OCZ gold VX pc-3200 (512mb x 3)
-Dual seagate barracuda 160's
-ASUS x850 Pro 256mb PCI-E
-ABIT F4tality for skt 939
-thermaltake shark fulltower
-OCZ modtream 520w PSU
-water cooling (havent decided on which brand yet)
-16x ASUS dvd burner
BTW once i get this I wonder how High I can take this beast for a ride?

The venice core will replace all 3000+ and up. The FX's will have the new San diego core at the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom