Why do AMD users always talk OC?

zero4zero

Daemon Poster
I have been reading posts on this website for a few months now and the subject of OC for AMD users continuously comme back.
Why do you take chances of OC and burning your computer? I have an Intel CPU which I am very happy about; I am not in a race or need for speed. Sooner or later, new faster CPU come out and sooner or later you end up buying faster products anyway.

PRobably because the Athlon's are too slow so the only the thing to to is to boost speed by OC.

*Just KIDDING, that was a low blow for all of us Athlon users.* Haha, having a sense of humor. GO figure...

We're just having fun trying to squeeze every once of clock speed possible. Kind of like cars too. I have an import that I spend thousands on including forced induction. NOS is out of the question right now and I still need an engine management system.

OC is perfectly safe if you know how to do it. Intel and AM areboth good OC'ers, Intel just has to have more cooling but it can OC futher then AMD. AMD OC's futher with air cooling. It is just fun/

It's purpose is trying to take your processor to the very bleeding edge it can handle,and then push it over the edge to see if it can handle the heat! also, i OC so that I dont have to go spend $$$ for a better proc, when I can buy a decent one and just OC it.
and besideds, OC'ing doesnt drastically decrease the lifespan, it will still last at least four years usually, and by that time your ready to get a new proc anyway :p

What's wrong with OC'ing? It's perfectly fun and safe to do...just make sure you know what you're doing and BE PATIENT! OC'ing is a really fun thing to do. You can try and squeeze the most out of your computer and compare it against others. :)

whats your definition of mild o/c? loyalist took his cpu up 800mhz with a nice heatsink. so would you suggest 800mhz with air, 800+ with water?

Back
Top Bottom