Swapping CRUCIAL for KINGSTON ?

rat_boy_100

In Runtime
Ok at the minue in my comp i only have 256mb of cruical pc2700 ram, and to be honest i really do need more. I've read that it is recomended to have the same make of ram sticks in your comp just to make sure they run faster.Would it be worth buying some kingston 512mb pc2700 and selling the crucial? I dont like the idea of mixing different makes and speeds. Heres the link to the kingston anyway..

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=33075

hmm it shouldnt really matter if they are different except if you want to do dual channel

mixing brands isnt that much of a big deal, I dont know about speeds, though I doubt it would harm your comp to have two dif speeds, if anything it would run better if you kept the crucial, and added the kingston

ah but if i sell the cruical, i can get yet another stick of kingston, and have a gig of kingston. it seams the kingsotn is cheaper thought i thought it was a better brand?

hmm in my experiances with ram, Crucial has been more stable than Kingston (most of the time)(not by MUch though). but their Hyper X line is very good though!

but i'm paranoid about gettin different types of ram...if i'd get a higher speed i'd want to make the other higher speed...mhhh...maybe i could buy higher speed, sell the old one,a nd with that money buy another higher speed

Back
Top Bottom