grrr... pos computer

towly

In Runtime
whats up yall

my computer has decided to screw me over again. last night i was exiting out of codename panzers and the computer froze for a second and then restarted, as it was restarting it restarted again, and after the xp logo screen with the loading bar at the bottom it stops loading up. i have tried rebooting in all the different modes that they let you reboot in but it wont let me.

just for the sake of accuracy it was raining and lightining last night, but i doubt it was a surge since the computer turns on.

i have tried using the windows xp disk but the computer doesnt want to boot from it, how do i make the computer boot from the disk.

god damn this sucks ass

thanks for your help

If you can access your BIOS change the device boot order so cdrom will be first, save your settings and have your XP CD in, and then boot.
""You problem could have been from the lightning; just an unnoticed glich and zippo your PC is disconnected for a fraction of a second and....does it sound familiar!"

zero4zero said:
If you can access your BIOS change the device boot order so cdrom will be first, save your settings and have your XP CD in, and then boot.
""You problem could have been from the lightning; just an unnoticed glich and zippo your PC is disconnected for a fraction of a second and....does it sound familiar!"

yeah, the computer restarted when a flash occurred, but nothing else electrical in the house turned off, so im not 100% sure its the lighting, and i have a surge protector for the computer

If you mentioned the lightning, you could have got a power glich. Power surges protects you from getting too much electricity. A power glitch is a fractional power loss where you may not have even noticed. But senstive devices like some PC, TV's and even microwaves (they lose their time setting) will be affected.

okay i reformated and it worked fine

but now it wont recognize my video and sound drivers, last time i reformated it didnt recognize it either and my friend fixed it but i cant remember how, i think its something in the hardware profile and you update the drivers but i cant remember. how do i fix this

do you know whether you have an ati or nvidia video card, or what brand of video card you have?

Back
Top Bottom