memory

BigLu

Daemon Poster
my computer came with 512MB of PC-2700 DDR SDRAM, i want to bump it up to 1024MB , should i get the exact same type to match it?

well, i don't know, so far it's completely stock, emachines T2895, Celeron 2.0GHz, 512MB PC-2700 DDR SDRAM, 120GB hard drive.

your mobo only has two ram slots right?
then it probably could, but it's not that big of a deal to run dual channel, slight performance increase.

well, how do i activate dual channel, or not, i have no idea what that really does. Or could i just get a completely different brand of 512MB of PC-3200 to add to it?

or should i just throw out the stock memory and get two sticks of 512MB PC-3200?

??? dualchannel doubles the performance...regular 3200 memory runs at 3.2gb, dual channel 3200 runs at around 6gb per sec

ACES WILD said:
your mobo only has two ram slots right?
then it probably could, but it's not that big of a deal to run dual channel, slight performance increase.

thats if its Pc-3200, but still it's not that much Of a difference (maybe physically, but hardly noticable), yes things will run faster, but it's not absolutley Nessecary to have it!

Back
Top Bottom