Hdd Problem

huwevs12

Solid State Member
ok i have a problem my hdd is 30 gig k (only a laptop)
and when i went to install windows me the other day it said do u want to do something to my hdd i cant remember and now its only 2 gig can any1 help pls

At installation, Millenium asked you if you wanted to use large block access LBA because your HDD was over 2 Gig and you clicked NO.!
So the result is that you only have 2 Gig to work with. You will have to make a startup disk, boot with it and choose simple boot (the last one down in the options).
Then at the a prompt you will have to type FDISK and when fdisk kicks in delete the logical disk drive and then reformat your HDD.
This time when you reformat, click YES to use LBA and you will have you complete 30 Gig

zero4zero said:
At installation, Millenium asked you if you wanted to use large block access LBA because your HDD was over 2 Gig and you clicked NO.!
So the result is that you only have 2 Gig to work with. You will have to make a startup disk, boot with it and choose simple boot (the last one down in the options).
Then at the a prompt you will have to type FDISK and when fdisk kicks in delete the logical disk drive and then reformat your HDD.
This time when you reformat, click YES to use LBA and you will have you complete 30 Gig

thanks for the reply so quick but i dont have a floppy drive so how do i make a boot disk and what if i get partition magic pr something like that will that work

Thats the problem these days... no manufactureres have common sense to know that some people do actually still need boot up discs on a floppy and don't bother to include 1!

I don't know about Windows Millenium enough to know if you can boot from the CD or not.. though you might. I only know of XP doin that certainly enough.

*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom