Improving pc

would homeworld 2 work on this graphics card? and nw i nd 2 no what new RAM card i should get lol

hehe

the Geforce 6600 GT costs about £143.67 and is well worth that money! Reading off Custom PC, the XFX Geforce 6600 GT model is the best to go for, and it also comes a bit overclocked too top get you more performance! Though there are many other manufactuers making them too, for around the same price

*KaGe*

erm...if i knew id tell you...is there a way to find out what type of DDR ram or whatever my motherboard supports? and as u can guess im a noob lol

or do what Aces Wild says and get an MSI hehe... i have no clue really which is best.

You people post fast!

I have heard though that it is best to never go for the original boards, and so a PRO, GT, etc are the best to go for since they ahve made many improvments to the board

*KaGe*

Um I could find out that info for you if you could give the serial # for your motherboard, and I could look up the specs 4 you, just look on the PCB of the motherboard, and give me the brand name, and the model#/serial# it should be written right on it.

You can find out what ram yours supports rather easily. One way is to use this test:

http://www.crucial.com/calculator/

It will tell you what you have now, plus what your motherboard will support! All you need is the make of your motherboard, which is rather easy to find. It should be printed on the motherboard itself in rather big letters, or at bootup, it'll list it at the top!

*KaGe*

srry m8 thats PCI express, your mobo doesnt support that card you need one that is agp!

Features

Product Description MSI NX6600-TD256E - graphics adapter - GF 6600 - 256 MB
System Requirements Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP
Device Type Graphics adapter
Enclosure Type Plug-in card
Interface Type "PCI EXPRESS X16"
Graphics Processor / Vendor NVidia GeForce 6600
Video Memory Installed ( Max ) 256 MB - DDR SDRAM
RAMDAC Clock Speed 400 MHz
API Supported DirectX 9.0, OpenGL 1.5
TV Interface TV out

Don't geforce 6600 gt's support AGP too? Thats a bit horrid.... I'm sure theres some versions that do.

Yep the one I told you about, the XFX Geforce 6600 GT is a AGP card! :D

*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom