Question

JGiannotti

Solid State Member
i bought an acer computer at a garage sale and it has windows 98 on it... I am planning on selling it on ebay but i dont want to sell it with all of the ladys information on it. She used all types of tax paying kinds of programs and the computer was full of her personal information. I was wondering if theres any way i can reset the operating system somehow... i dont have a win98 installation disk, and the computer wouldnt sell for as much with no OS, so if anyone has any suggestions, please reply to this, or email me at joe@jgiannotti.com

you will need to get hold of a Win98 disk and drivers the format your hard disk drive and reinstall. Thats the only way.

Yeah you need a win 98 or 2000 disc. Because most likey 2000 will work on there too. And if you are selling it and the only thing you are worried about is her info you could just slap Linux on there and that is free and you can download so many ISO's from so many sites it's ridiculous. Then when the person get's the PC they can put whatever they want on it.

yea, sry man but ur only chance is to somehow get the win98 installation disc or somethin, of course you could be an asshole and sell it with her info on there.... lol no don't do it

what is your internet connection like i MIGHT be able to image a Win98 CD for you and put it on the Internet for you.

just uninstall all of her programs and delete all her files.. thats the easy way out since you don't have a 98 cd

Back
Top Bottom