Upgrade My Pc Or Buy New?

Chubbz

Solid State Member
I have made some money and i have been researching new computer parts and the more i have thought about it the more i have realized that i dont think i need a new computer. I am currently running an

AMD ATHLON XP 2600+ ~2.1 GHZ (overclockable to 2.4)
512MB PC3200 RAM
NVIDIA 6600GT AGP 8X

i play games a lot on my computer and i dont really need to be at the bleeding edge of gaming. so i was looking at building a computer around $700 with an AMD 64 3200+ and SLI with 2 6600gts. I was wondering if it would be worth getting an entire new computer of just keeping the one i have for a couple of years.

In my opinion, you should keep the computer you have. I have the same video card as you which I just purchased, 1024 MB of PC3200 RAM instead of your 512 (which is still a good amount), and your processor is a bit old but still fine for current games. If I were you, I wouldn't upgrade at all, except for getting a little bit more RAM... It couldn't hurt.

well the athlon 64 will give much better performance, but i seriously dont think you need to make an entire new system. THe one you got now is fine

Actually a little over 800 and i will have the single 6600gt then buy more as i get more money. THanks guys

jack22 said:
How are you using only 700$ to build an SLI?

same thing i was thinking if ur going to get sli with 6600s u might as well get a x800 xl for about 300

Keep your present computer, maybe buy a stick of 512 Meg of RAM if your mobo is dual channel. Put the money in the bank and wait for bargains on a mobo that has the characterisics you want and slowly start to buy your components, till you have the components you need.

Back
Top Bottom