Fps??

FullMetal

Baseband Member
hey guys, I got a Ge-FOrce FX 5600XT I just tweakd it a bit, and I get 389 FPS when I am in the beg of CS but when I get into the game it drops ALOT to like 70-140 why does it drop so much and can I stop it from dropping that much?

It is probably just because in different parts in a game, the detail level increases and the processes that the graphics card must process increase as well. Here's an example. When I play Far Cry on my computer, on the menu screen, I get about 200 FPS. However, when I get into the game (actually playing; walking around and shooting things), my FPS will drop to around 60 FPS. It's just the load differs when you're playing a game. It isn't constant and the graphics card must process these things when they occur.

So, this is normal.

Hey, don't complain unless it gets below 30, which is what games tipically run at. Anything less than that gets jerky and all...

I guess it could depend on running processes too, processor and ram for the start. It won't be just the graphics card

I tend to be happy with 30 too, thoguh would like it faster... Even Half life 2 runs at 26-30 frames per second on outside scenes with water for example... and I have a good system... sometimes drops to 15... and the weird thing is, the frame rates exactly the same at 640x480 as it is for 1024x768 or 1152x864.... weird lol... and I have vertical sync off

Makes it seem like it's teh system stoppin the graphics card...but that cant be right...not at those speeds and that graphics card... and especially not at that fps

*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom