Halo Will Not Run!

ComputerWizard

In Runtime
ok I downloaded halo trial version to play it on my laptop.
Minimum Requirements for halo are

Pentium III 733mhz Mine: Amd Athlon 1000mhz
128mb ram MIne: 512mb
Vid card 32mb T/L Mine: 8mb Cyberblade XP

IMPORTANT: I have TRIAL version not Full version so the command will be different

Yes I know my vid card isnt good enough to run halo in normal mode, but i believe it can on safe mode. My last computer was a PIII 500mhz 384mb of ram with a Nvidia TNT2( or 1) 8mb vid card and the computer actually ran it very choppy but it still tried to. With my laptop here it wont even attempt to run it. It says you vid card has serious issues which means not enough ram. But my desktop could run it safemode.

Could some please tell me how to run halo in safe mode from the command prompt? I have tried and cant get the right command.D. Command Prompt here is what it says in the read me file about this but doesnt give the safemode prompt, like C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\Halo.exe where do u type in safe mode how does this work?

You can run Halo from a Windows command prompt (e.g., C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\Halo.exe). The following is a list of arguments you may use running Halo from a command prompt entering “halo.exe –argument.”

-?
Displays a list of all arguments.

-nosound
Disables all sound.

-novideo
Disables video playback.

-nojoystick
Disables joystick/gamepads.

-nogamma
Disables adjustment of gamma.

-useff
Forces the game to run as a fixed function card.

-use11
Forces the game to run as a shader 1.1 card.

-use20
Forces the game to run as a shader 2.0 card.

-safemode
Disables as much as possible from the game.

-window
Runs the game in a window.

-width640
Forces the game to run at 640x480.

-vidmode w,h,r
Forces the game to run at width, height, refresh rate.

-adapter x
Forces the game to run fullscreen on a multimon adaptor.

-port x
Server port address used when hosting games.

-cport x
Client port address used when joining games.

-ip x.x.x.x
Server IP address used when you have multiple IP addresses.

-screenshot
Enables the "Print Screen" key to generate screenshots

-timedemo
Runs four movies and writes out timedemo.txt.

-console
Enables the debugging console.

Notes:
§ A number of these command prompt arguments are used by PSS to troubleshoot problems.
§ Many of the command prompt arguments mirror functionality available from within the standard Halo user interface.

I have TRIAL version not Full version so the command will be different

In safe mode! a trailware for which your laptop does not meet the minimum requirement!, and also the laptop has an LCD screen with a slow response time;;;; I would forget about it. It's to risky to try something that could burn your screen.

no it would runi it fine the trial version has the same minmum requirements as full version, i just need to know what to type into the command prompt

i had the same issue with my desktop. i have 8mb onboard video then i went and bought a 6600gt and stopped getting the window that says your computer sucks. i had no problems after that. and to get it to run i dont know. maybe you got a corrupted version? You should just get a better video card and then try that

yeah, where'd u get the download? if it was off microsoft.com then its good. i dunno. i have a labtop too and i play halo just fine, if anything at all, better than my desktop! welll, faster than my desktop. the graphics card on my labtop doesnt have the same amount of memory and is agp, not pci e. but it loads faster and doesnt have lag and crap. so all i can say for u man is that u either save up and get a new nicer comp or try some advice from people here on cf. im not exactly familiar with command prompt (sorry but spend most of my with visual basic) but im sure there are some other people here that'll help. hope all works out...

i am not too sure it will run with the card you have i mean that's a big gap and with the recommended size you need to double it ... i am not too sure even safe mode will make much of a difference but i do not have the game my self. Do you have Direct X 9.0c

yes i have dx9c but im saying my old desktop computer ran halo with an 8mb card and it was only 500mhz, and the ram was only 384

My laptops speed is twice that , alot more ram and has an equal vid card

Back
Top Bottom