Norton Vs. Mcafee

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
Hey, I was just wondering which one you like more. Norton Anti-virus and all the add-ons such as Ghost, System Works ect. OR Mcafee Security Center.

I personally like Mcafee more because my computer runs better with it installed rather than when i have Norton on my system.
For all the Spyware, i use Spyware Doctor and Ad-Aware.

Any comments? And what do you use to keep your computer running fast and clean.

Norton is 100 times better. I use nothing for spyware as i have none, i used to use spybot(best sh!t).

well that the point of a firewall to ask u if u want a program to allow internet access..and it tells u when others are tryin to access ur pc but u can always turn the notfications off

everytime i get zonealarm it screws up my MSN even though i click allow...i always have to delete it and get a new msn

I must say Norton... My dad used to use Mcafee, and then he installed Norton because he heard it was better, and he found 3 viruses that Mcafee didn't even pick up. I thought it was a wee bit sad... Just my opinion though.

I use COunterspy spyware program from SunBelt. It is the best I've used so far. Works great with Norton. It scans your PC on a daily basis and has real time protection. I'm sure most do now. It detected Bearshare as a spyware and it's adware bundle that comes with it, but you can't remove it unless you remove Bearshare itself. I just ignored it. I purposely ran hotcheat.net where you'll get loads of spyware and possible trojan virus to see how effective my system can handle it. Wow, it detected everything and red flags popped up all over. That site is loaded with spyware and who knows what.

Counterspy safely removed all of it while Norton continue to scan my drives for malicious attacks.

don't we have a post like this? anyways i use Norton System Works, Anti-Virus and Personal Firewall.

Back
Top Bottom