video card crashing

zoomtm

Daemon Poster
anyone know why my games keep crashing after i play for like 30mins, the screen will get all disorganized, and have to be forced to restart

the gpu never goes above 38c

the cpu never goes above 37c

mobo temp is 25c

nothing overclocked

and please dont say cuz ati sucks...

ATI SUCKS ;P JK...I run ATI in my main comp ;)

What do you mean it gets disorganized? Can you get some picture? Or describe it a bit better?

Regardless, your best bet would probably be to try and reload all video related drivers... AGP(Or PCIe...) video, directx...

reinstalled drivers and direct x

hmm it looks like when u overclock ur gpu too much all the colors start mixing together

Hmm...well I don't want to jump to any conclusions but that sounds like a hardware problem... See what the drivers do first, perhaps see if anyone else has any suggestions, then you might want to try and exchange it if possible...

I also saw something about your cooling system on it. I bet it would of fried if it was gounded, but I assume you check that the heatsink and all other connections ; that all have been seated proporly and such?

Hmm...there were some ATI's that had a few bad ones out... I'm not too up on the current ones, though, so I'm not too sure. I'm still sorta leaning towards hardware problems :-/

Oh how kind of you 9.9

Does ATI even make their own cards anymore? I hardly ever see plain old ATI cards anymore...

yea they do..but they are expensive and rare the x850xtpe by ati is 800 dollars

btw i declocked my card to 475mhz for ram and cpu and crashing stops..hmm

Back
Top Bottom