C++ something stupid

george2

Daemon Poster
Right I have just recently downloaded Bloodshed Dev C++ and whenever I run the program a message comes up and says 'There dosen't seem to be GNU Make file in PATH or in Dev-C++'s Bin path. Please make sure that you have GNU Make and adjust Bin setting or system PATH environment variable and that make settingin Compiler Option contains correct filename, otherwise you will not be able to compile anything'. I have no idea what this means and would appreciate it if someone could tell me.

When I commit something another message comes up saying 'Please comfigure CVS support in Tools/Environment Options ... that got me baffeled too it's a pain in the arse could someone please tell me whats going on

I'm not trying to insult you at all, really I'm serious when I say this. Is this your first time using this? If so you should use the tutorial and do the whole "hello world" thing. I know it sounds stupid but it works and if you have already done it do it again and follow it closely because maybe you are overlooking a step. It happens to me quite often.

Dev C++ itself I run it and before i get into the program it runs the first message is there something wrong or should it be like that

if you can compile a program, then its just trivial.

i think devc++ uses cygwin and mingw. devc++ doesn't seem to know where its programs are. it must be set in the environmental variable named PATH. you'll need to change PATH to tell devc++ where the folder bin is. unfortunately for you, i have no memory of where cygwin keeps its variables (in the registry may be?). sorry i can't be of much help.

Back
Top Bottom