Dvd Problems

Afriend137

Beta member
Hey Guys I really need your help, I don't have a television so all my entertainment comes from my computer. Now the problem is that when I try to watch a DVD movie or one I may have downloaded , the picture keeps jumping, from time to time it may freeze then I hear this screeching sound and I have to reboot. Happens with all kinds of DVDs and when my computer crashes it has to go throught the whole startup process which drives me crazy, any suggestions?[/COLOR ]

A screeching sound?! Um, is this from the speakers or from the drive itself? Well, you say it's from vids you downloaded...hmm...

I'd try updating the video drivers first, or downgrading if you've never tried older drivers...

What format of videos does this? Just MEPG2? AVIs? Perhaps getting a new set of codecs would work, but if it's all different formats, I doubt this would be it...

Have your verified if the firmware of your dvdrom has been updated? If you have Nero, leave a DVD in your drive and run the Nero speed test. It could give you a good indication of is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom