BFG 6800 running hot?

Guys ever heard of kitting out your box well? Treat it nice, a few fans, heatsinks.. You wouldnt like to be sweating and working your ass of for 12 hours will someone plays counter strike would you?

hey i just ran rthdribl and my temps exceeded 76C and my computer restarted, i have 3 case fans cooling the system down....the temp monitor on my card says the ambient temp gets up to 53C but the temp on my motherboard doesnt change......I know my mobo runs hot cause thats just the way it is at 35C but, it never goes past 37C aparently those temps are normal for my mobo....but thats besides the point.....my v-card is way too hot and i dont know why.....the fans are working fine.

No, your video card is not running too hot! I'm telling you that it isn't. Look, I have 4 80mm fans and a PCI exhaust blower fan beneath my 6600 GT, and last time I checked it idled at about 60 Celcius and under load it got to about 80 Celcius... Gigabyte told me not to worry about it. Now, with that cooling setup, I still get those temperatures, and I have never had any problems.

Back
Top Bottom