GeForce FX crap?

You dont know the half of it :p I used 4 Geforce cards painlessly, then I have to go and buy a Radeon 9800XT

Hey if you dont like radeon catalyst drivers go get some omega drivers, they are much more stable and suitable for OC'ing, I use them on my 9600pro on my backup machine, and they run flawlessly, no errors at all.
just google it, omega drivers are free, and they have them for ATI and NVIDIA cards.
BTW (lol did the fx5900 really get pwned by a 9600?) that makes me feel better about my old backup card :p

The FX5900 doesnt' get PWNED by the 9600. In fact the FX5900 does more PWNing of the 9800 Pro, IMO. That's my perspective. And the overclocking possibility on it is superb.

I was asking about in HL2 specifically. not overall, and besides, ATI cards overclock well too, if you get something better than stock cooling.

ATI overclock decently.. but the NVidia Fx5900 IMHO is the best overclocker out there by far. Tell me what 9600 and 9800 you get to 500/1000Mhz.

GIGABYTE radeon 9600pro :stock speeds 500mhz/600mhz, mines running @ 614mhz/753mhz stable (could take it higher on water cooling probably) with A large Zalman all copper on it with a vantec tornado modded to fit in the PCI slot directly below it (that sucker is loud)
BTW my core is over 500mhz so there! (if I had some copper OCZ ramsinks, I could take the ram up high as well)
whats your 5900 runnin @ I wonder?

ACES WILD said:
GIGABYTE radeon 9600pro :stock speeds 500mhz/600mhz, mines running @ 614mhz/753mhz stable (could take it higher on water cooling probably) with A large Zalman all copper on it with a vantec tornado modded to fit in the PCI slot directly below it (that sucker is loud)

Mine is still better then that. And no dumb 9600 pro gonna beat my card. Not in a million years.

Yeah I'd been using the Omegas for mounths, good to see someone making drivers for the thing, but 2 days ago I tried the new catalysts and that screen I posted is what happend, as well as that I get two errors now evey time I start up because for some reason the ATi software cant find .NET Framework 1.1, though it is installed.

ConnChri always takes the Piss out of Omega, just because his crappy laptop was unstable and needed a "legacy pack" rolledout across the network before it could see anybody. :p

I'm glad I sold it for him :D

LOL, Delta.

Well, I have you know, the Omega drivers did work on my laptop. Only problem was when it was on batteries, it decided to freeze within 2 minutes of using it. The Omega drivers did have the advantage of Hardware DVD decoding working correctly though.

Erm, another thing....... Damb, I can't remember. I'll edit once I can though.

Ahh, that was it - the problem I was having is a bug that is on the MS Windows XP Knowledge Base, I'm sure that they know best, and it worked after all, didn't it?

Back
Top Bottom