Gallery: Graphics Cards

Re: Gallery: Graphics cards

gibant1 said:
The GT sucks does It?

aquamark.jpg

DONT THINK SO!

GT doesnt suck, its 16pipes of Glory and Power. It is, however, overpriced for ATI's new X800 XL.
Both have 16 pipes and perform about the same in similar setups.
THe X800 XL retails for about $100 less, and unless you plan on going SLI, the X800 XL is a good deal and still quite Oc'able

14272_03_.jpg

as you can see, my settings are at 472/556, stock settings are 400/480.

GT's rock, but XL's can keep up right with them, for about $100 less.

-Loyalist

With all the talk of the big timer cards...Id like to add that the 6600 gt is doing quite well. Double the power of the aging 9800 pro and for $100 less. A good system with a 6600 gt is quite a competitor. Why the 6600 gt almost matches the stock 6800 (no gt or ultra to clarify). Mos tof the 6600 gt owners I have talked to have been more than pleased with their results. I love it in my system.

Re: Gallary: Graphics Cards

Irish Soldier32 said:
With all the talk of the big timer cards...Id like to add that the 6600 gt is doing quite well. Double the power of the aging 9800 pro and for $100 less. A good system with a 6600 gt is quite a competitor. Why the 6600 gt almost matches the stock 6800 (no gt or ultra to clarify). Mos tof the 6600 gt owners I have talked to have been more than pleased with their results. I love it in my system.

Yeah. It is good. Even ATI hasn't come up with a worthy enough competitor for it (supposedly the X700 Pro or XT, but the 6600 GT woops it's ass).

yep..i was planning to get one but decided against it. Im gonna wait for the 6800 Ultra...when prices drop

i just got my 6600gt, cant wait to see how it performs compared to my 9800 pro that i was using

It'll outperform it. There's plenty of benchmarks that'll prove it. The 9800 Pro is old (but, was pretty good).

Back
Top Bottom