dvd burning ???

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
now then, i am a complete novice in the field of dvd burning.
i have just installed a new dvd rw. it came with a version of nero start smart.
any ways, if anyone has any tips of how to burn films from my hard drive to the dvd in my dvd rw i would be greatfull.
i know there are some good programes for ripping dvds down in size. ie taking all of the unwanted bits out. but what are they? are there any free ones?
i just burnt an mpeg movie onto a disc using nero, but my dvd player in my house won't play it at all. i am in dvd area 2 (europe).
i am very novice at this so if you would like to advise please make it simple.

Your best bet is to go download or use the most updated nero and sometimes the iso's dont work to download on a cd but nero most of the time or all of the time will work on burning movies,cd's,audio files and what not it looks like you are going to need to download a different copy of your movie

why would ineed to download a different copy of the movie? it plays perfectly well on my computer. i am sure there must be an easy way of burning it to dvd disc. i just lack the knowledge at the moment.
any more advice will be welcome ;)

hey dude.....a lot of downloadbale of copies movies and what not work perfectly fine when u run them on ur comp but when u want to burn an iso to a cd it wont allow it therefopr u need to download a new one in ordr to try it or unincript it dude i do more cracking and unincrpting then anything else

First of all you probably have a bundled copy of Nero supplied with your burner, (if you didn't have to enter any serial then it is bundled) you cannot do what the complete package of Nero can do.
The program you are talking about is DVDShrink and it is free www.dvdshrink.org finally most DVD players will play .mpg CDR, but sometimes some don't and also the zones are only applicable to DVD movies, not to ripped or compressed formats types like divx, xvid, mpeg, asf etc.

ok, so i have an mpeg movie on my hard drive that i would like to put on a dvd. how do i go about that?

Just burn it on a CD (if it fits: up to 700 Meg) or on a DVD media if it is more than that. If your DVD player have the proper burnt in codecs it will play it, no problem. NOTE: Philips have a DVD player dans plays .avi (audio video interlace) movies on CDR and in Europe there is a DVD player [brand name Kiss I believe] which plays any codec type media and the device is even built so you can add in new codecs. Not in america yet.

cheers.
i am downloading a coverter at the moment.
it changes mpeg int other playable files. i will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom