Power Supply

woofdog88

Beta member
About two weeks ago I bought a Logisys PS500PITSL 500W Pitbull ATX Power Supply from zipzoomfly. I left my computer on over night to try and defregment it. When I woke up, I saw that the main fans blue LED light was not on. I discovered that the fan was not moving. This power supply comes with 2 40mm fans and 1 80mm fan, the 80mm fan was not working at all. The power supply is running fine and so are the other two fans, but the main one isn't. I am afraid of it overheating, is there any way to fix the fan? Or must I send it back? Thank you for your time.

PS: My computer is not top of the line so it's not eating all the power, only 1g value ram, 9600pro v-card and a p4 2.8ghz cpu.

Eh...I'd have it checked out. That can't be good if one fan died in your power supply. I don't think you're computer would overheat, but that PS could...

I'm sure you could replace the fan, but I have a feeling it's something more than just the fan... Usally once they burn out, there's not much left to them...

That's kinda dangerous and dumb... I mean great if it's not under warrenty, but imagine if it doesn't work after the new fan ;P

dangerous? no offence but i think hes smart enough not to have teh computer on when hes opening it up. how is it not going to work unless hes in there prying around at stuff?...why dont u just stick a normal fan behind it or something if you dont want to open it, or jsut have air constanly blowing around

I'd have to agree with The_Other_One here... Just send it back is what I'd do. That's the best and safest way to accomplish the same task.

thats no good if you need your computer for work or something, then your up shit creek without a paddle. i'd just keep my eye on it and see if the temp gets too high. then i'd jsut replace the fan myself if it was getting too hot

As with most major electronics, much of what's inside a power supply keeps charge well after the time you turn it off. Why do you think they have all those freaking warnings on the outside ;P Now I've been inside a PS before, but tipically, I just stay away from them.

Yes, he could replace it. Yes, he could even just run a wire out and connect it to a molex or mobo header, but if it were me, I'd want something new, not something rigged.

The_Other_One said:
Yes, he could even just run a wire out and connect it to a molex or mobo header, but if it were me, I'd want something new, not something rigged.

Si, senor. :D

Back
Top Bottom