Best nVidia card?

I think I'll stick with AGP until most games actually use PCI-E to it's full capabilites.

alvino said:
I think I'll stick with AGP until most games actually use PCI-E to it's full capabilites.

I would have to disagree. I did see an increase changing from AGP to PCI-E:

AGP card: X800XT-PE

13530-03_.jpg

PCI-E Card: X800 XL

14272_03_.jpg

My Memory speeds (on vid card) were similar (556/540), but there was quite the diff between GPU speeds: (472/567)

Obviously the Mobo changed (MSI K8N-Neo2 to Neo-4) Nforce3-4, but this should not account for as much diff as I saw here.

-Loyalist

Well those are synthetic benchmarks, but I meant for games. No game out today uses the full bantwidth of PCI-E.

Isnt that the point of upgrading? I mean why upgrade if it will only last you a few months?

PCI-E is the next Gen of Video card interface, just like socket 939 is for AMD CPU's.

The wise thing to do when considering upgrade uptions is not to find the cheapest alternative, but the most cost-effective for the long-run.

Get PCI-E because next time you upgrade, you don't need to get a new motherboard too, unless you work at a computer store and can return things for full value a year later... :)

-Loyalist

Air-Cooled. I am currently using the Coolermaster Hyper6, although it did take more than a little effort to get it to fit.

_Hyper6_.jpg

Temps are around 32C idle @stock, 38-40C Idle @2.6GHZ

_Loyalist

Back
Top Bottom