Firefox - help please

Mal1

In Runtime
Could it be i've found a bug in firefox? I dont know.. but my extension tab (tools --> extensions) simply will not! work. It did at first, after i'd downloaded some extensions (adblock, forecastfox, tabbed browser and table inspector) all seemed fine, then adblock started to annoy me so i went to take it out, and as i clicked extensions firefox crashed (illegal opp). When I restarted it all tabs, except extension, worked. I have just reinstalled firefox and it hasnt solved the problem. If anyone has experienced the same, or similar problems and managed to resolve them, any help would be much appreciated.

I have Firefox so I did installed adblock and then uninstalled it and it is fine, so I don't have a clue what the matter with urs is sorry.

LOL Computergen.

I wasn't too fond of FireFox either. To be honest, I see very little difference between it and IE6sp1. OK, so you have tabbed browsing, but I rearly use it anyway.

People say IE is full of bugs, true, but they get sorted about 90% of the time and updates availible before they are used. Many people don't relise that FireFox also has bugs. OK, on last count, security bugs were about a 3rd that of IE's but MS brought updates out all the time. FireFox 1.1 has just been released so I suppose it'll be slightly better the 1, but after a few months of waiting for it.

It's a matter of preference. I bet that if you manged to find ALL the bugs in FireFox and ALL the bugs in IE, they would not be that huge a difference. Just FireFox still owns less than 10% the market share, and IE still about 90%. You would expect IE to have more reported bugs. I think MS recieves an awful lot of undue critism, I can't imagine everyone here enjoying using Linux for the home desktop, Linux for servers, yip, no problem - for the desktop, no thanks.
(I'll stop there, no flamming please)

Anyway, It's all a matter of preference, currently I'm used to FireFox, and believe it or not, love it just for it's wee Google search box. Ahh, the small things in life.

heh, I know what you mean. With extensions installed too its just lots of little useful things that make it a much more pleasurable surfing experience. password manager, little weather icons from forecasefox (very useful extension as weather.com is slooow) dictionary search box (same as google) ebay also, convenient, ready, and not too big and in the way.
PLUS the customizability of it all.. add your own icons in the navigation bar.. remove, move, themes, extensions, plugins, development tools, everything just in its own neat little package. The way a browser should be made in my opinion :)

what vesion are you running ? i would d/L the latest vesion they have , some of the extentions are buggy, so make shure to review them 1st to see if they are good. also check to most popular ones.

Firefox is a plain garbage, not as advertized. I had it on my other PC and when I uninstalled it Microsoft Antispyware stopped a .bat file from activating some kind of script which was aiming at my messenger service.
You have to be careful from where you download your programs, they are not always identical!

Firefox takes all. Like said above it's customizeable beyond compare. It's your browser not microsoft's. You do with it what you want

Back
Top Bottom