Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantona

Daemon Poster
Could someone please tell me if they know of any way of checking what there internt speed is running at.

I have broadband 256 Kbs or so they say but I wish to see for myself the actual speed it is running at

Thanx for all the other help you have given me and for the help I am sure I will recieve in the future

Pinging something won't really show you the speed, more just how reliable and all the connection is.

There are various free internet benchmarks on the web that you can run. I don't recall any right off, but you could probably search on google for some free internet benchmark website, or something like that.

I know a really good one, and even tells you the rate on others going at your speed, to show how yours compares. It only takes a second too, and asks just for your supposed connection speed.

You can find this at:

http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Hope this helps :)
*KaGe*

The_Other_One said:
Pinging something won't really show you the speed, more just how reliable and all the connection is.

There are various free internet benchmarks on the web that you can run. I don't recall any right off, but you could probably search on google for some free internet benchmark website, or something like that.
Look m8 i use to work with networking i no what i am talking about.

Milli seconds will tell you other then that try a online speed test.

LOL dont reply with stuff like that.
I was showing him how fast his ping is, the lower the better, every website you go on will start to ping your ip address and your connection showing you how fast you get the ping on the site.

Like playing online games like (PING) (LATENCY) the lower the better.

Look Cobra, its pretty clear to us your 12, you never worked in networking. Rather than pretend you know everything, why not sit back, read what people have to say? ask a question about that? get an answer, build you knowledge, and then over the years you'll eventually know what your talking about.

Pretending you know it all when you can hardly string a sentence together just makes you look even more the n00b.

Here's my speed test:

BandwidthTest.jpg

Delta said:
Look Cobra, its pretty clear to us your 12, you never worked in networking. Rather than pretend you know everything, why not sit back, read what people have to say? ask a question about that? get an answer, build you knowledge, and then over the years you'll eventually know what your talking about.

Pretending you know it all when you can hardly string a sentence together just makes you look even more the n00b.

Well I have to agree with Dishdog, Why did you pull this thread back up? And what's with your attitude? Please don't be pulling up old threads long forgotten about. And check your attitude at the door when you come in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom