corrupt cd-rw

Corrupt how! If you can't burn or read, its' probably the lazer beam that is kaput. If you have Nero and do a speed test and get 0 !, you,ll have to buy a new one. Hardware like a cdrom are not worth fixing.

hey mate
thanks for the quick reply
by corrupt i mean i cant seem to burn anything to either a high speed cd-rw 4-12 or a normal 4 cd-rw both disks are TDK brand. I did manage to copy some files to the high speed but then my computer couldn't read it, and when i brought it back to this computer it clearly said that they were on the disk.
BTW how do i test my drive speed i can only test c and D my cd-rw is drive f
jack

zero4zero said:
Corrupt how! If you can't burn or read, its' probably the lazer beam that is kaput. If you have Nero and do a speed test and get 0 !, you,ll have to buy a new one. Hardware like a cdrom are not worth fixing.

hello, im just curious... how can i run speed test? i have a nero express in my pc... tnx..

You have to put CD's in your cd or dvd rom and in the Nero Tool kit there is a speed test that will tell you at what speed your cd... actually reads.

If you still can't get it to work properly you could just uninstall the driver's for it, then reboot. When windows loads it will detect it & re-installl the driver's for you.

hey guys
yeh I think I may have uninstalled all the software for nero, but the drivers where are they located?
jack

Back
Top Bottom