Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For shizzles. I'm with NOFX, I believe some religions are just a way to get people to be good. If you are good, you are rewarded after life. But it doesn't all really add up to me.

I think religion is the cause of too much hate...

Here are my beliefs:

ALL RELIGIONS WERE CREATED because man did not know enough. Science explains almost everything now, so Creation, the world, Death is all explained naturally.

I think religion is becoming obsolete. I mean, they have absolutely nothing to back themselves up. And yes, religion was in part created to control communities.

So yes.. I just pretty much DO NOT CARE about any religion. It's just not true.

I beileve that back in the day religion was created as a way to explain things. God did this and god did that. There are alot of unexplanible things and i feel people used god to solve the answer and to cope with it. It was also a way for the government to control them.

jack22 said:
we are aloud to have a peacful conversation decribing our religions. If it bothers you dont read it.

For one time in a while, I'm agreeing with jack. If this remains civil it should stay open. Additionally, this is the social lounge where we discuss other things other then computers!

Religion is indeed a form of social/political control, a corrupt one for that matter. It promotes hatred, intolerance and bigotry on a massive scale. I think we should look at reason and justice moreso then we do about religion. The ancient Greeks... did have an official polytheistic religion.. but they focused most of the emphasis on the individual. They also invented the first forms of logic, whether it be deductive or inductive logic.

The sciences can describe the way the universe came together (big bang), and how life has evolved (evolution). Evolution for one matter has a massive amount of evidence backing it. If we look at the ridiculous nature of young earth creationists (those who purport that the earth is 6,000 years old) we can see logical fallacies. Even simple carbon-14 dating can demonstrate the age of objects preceding 6,000 years...

Carbon-14 dating by the way has a half life 5,730 years. And can go back about 26,000 years.

Yeah! Share you views with us! If those who get offended easily don't like it, they can piss off and not read any of this. :)

My main problem with religion is segregation, I mean in christianity ( I dont know about catholics ) but a sin is a sin. So you can kill 100000000 people and then die and get into heaven if you accept jesus, but if you are gay *BUZZ* down to hell. I dont think thats right.

Also the bible. It's just a book of dicipline probably written by the kings back then to have control over the minorities. It shoudn't be what people live by, these people are totally brainwashed, I acually asked a some of my christian friends if they would kill their parents if god told them to, and their words were "Of course I would do anything for god" This made me sick.

Also that farting preacher thing, what I was more amused at more than the potty humor was that, if there wasn't farting he would just be a preacher. If you listin to his words and the way he acts... ITS INSANE. I mean how could people beleive this!!

Moses parted seas, Jesus healed people with a wave of his hand, I mean coudn't he just of taken himself off the cross? and these christians laugh at the people that made star wars and lord of the rings a religion, when the bible could of just bin a great book that they used back then to read to their children or teach their kids morals like disney movies.

In my thoughts Jesus really didn't die for our sins, because I mean he was preachings things that they said he can't preach, and continued to. I mean thats the same with the goverment, you can't say bad words on t.v. Its the same thing so it was his problem that he died on the cross not our sins. His fault he didn't listin to the people that told him not to preach that stuff. So what if the "master" walked on the water, I don't see him trying to stop the slaughter.

Also freewill, this does not make sense what so ever! God gave us free will.... O.k. so you decide to have a baby and it dies 1 hour after birth... who's free will is that? The baby couldn't of sinned! Same with the mentally challenged, if they can't have enough brain power to process how to confess their sins and praise god, how do they go to heaven!? Is he going to be retarded in heaven or hell!?

They say that you have to acually beleive in jesus and accept him that he is your lord and savior, now if someone on the other side of the world never heard of jesus and he was just starving in africa for the past 20 years and he died, how could he just beleive some guy in the gates and accept what is right? It's crazy.

Natural disasters, who causes them? Human's with free will? No. It must be god, people say that its just his way of keeping the world balanced like with the tsunami. Now how is that fair to the people that died, if the people that say that got killed in a tsunami they woudn't say its god's way of making the earth less crowded.

I have much more reasons why I myself don't like religion. Lastly, I say you choose what you want to be, what you want to do, don't have some book telling you what to do. A mere book is telling these people how to live! It's your life, not god's.

By the way the bible is a good book, just that I don't think that you should live life the way it tells you to.

I know this offended some people..... sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom