Best nVidia card?

Yah thats because the current range of PCI-E cards are not fully utilizing the full bandwidth available!!!

I agree. Games today don't really use PCI-E's extra bandwidth to it's full capability. That's why it's cheaper to just get AGP.

Not faster due to the PCI-Express, but due to a default of 50MHz faster core speed and a 100MHz faster RAM speed. I think nVidia did this to counteract any performance hit's they may get due to their AGP to PCI-Express Bridge Chip. I have benchmarks here to, looking at this minute, and due to this slightly higher overclock, they are slightly faster, especially at a resolution of 1024x768 - about 20% increase in speed.

but if u wait off until more advanced technology then when that comes out you will be saying "Well at any rate, I would wait off until the technology is developed more." again and you'll never end up gettnig anything. plus the newest technology costs a shit load of money and you dont really need it to run games smooth

Yeah every several years, new technology will be out. So, it is pointless to keep saying that, because when something comes out to replace PCI-E, you might as well just say that we should wait until it's developed more.

money_man said:
but if u wait off until more advanced technology then when that comes out you will be saying "Well at any rate, I would wait off until the technology is developed more." again and you'll never end up gettnig anything. plus the newest technology costs a shit load of money and you dont really need it to run games smooth

Are you saying i'm indecisive? You got no idea about what my method of buying things is. I will buy a new card once it comes down in price. I got my FX5900 to replace an old GeForce2 because I needed it and the prices were right at the time. I don't want the newest technology. I'm fine with mid-range cards and personally 6600GTs are too expensive. I will wait until the prices come down.

I'm waiting for the PCI-EX to be developed more. Because right now it is in the beginning stage. We don't even know if it could be a successful standard.

So please don't paint me as an idiot.

dont use your college lingo with me! "indecisive" if i knew what that meant i'd say something lol. i was not pointing u out as an idiot, i was just saying that if your always saying wait for more advanced technology then you'll be waiting forever because technology keeps evolving

Not able to make a quick decision. It is a pretty obvious word. Just don't call me stupid in what I should buy and when.

i was just saying that if your always saying wait for more advanced technology then you'll be waiting forever because technology keeps evolving

YOU OBVIOUSLY DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I WAS SAYING. I didn't say wait for more advanced technology. I said wait until the PCI-EX standard becomes established like how AGP 8X did. And wait until the prices come down a bit. I don't need to get the newest and greatest because I don't have the cash.

Next time read my posts.

LOOK AT THIS I CAN USE CAPS TOO, IT DOESNT PROVE YOUR POINT TO ME ANY BETTER, ACTUALLY IT SHOWS THAT IM GETTING UNDER YOUR SKIN (i know your gunna say im not buggin you but i am) i obvisouly read your posts. if you feel like being so correct you could say "next time read my posts more carefully", and you pretty much said wait for newer technology

Back
Top Bottom