Question about wireless router

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
I have several computers on the second floor of my house, but I don't have a phone jack in that room anywhere. We only have dialup and I was wondering if it was possible to use wireless routers if you have a dialup connection. Thanks

u never considerd going broadband? or isn't it enabled in you're area yet? i'm not sure if they make dial up routers. broadband goes cheap these days!

I'm not sure if there is broadband out here yet, but we have DSL in our area, we just don't want to pay the extra amount of money, plus an extra phone line.

I don't think there are routers for dialups. I guess the only for you is to get a very long telephone cord and connect it. (I've done this before)

It's really worth it... But I know of no dial-up routers as of now. Almost everyone I know has DSL nowadays, and like rat_boy_100 said, it's pretty cheap... Relatively cheap, depending on your financial status. Ah well, if you don't want to get it, then what can I say. You can always get a really long phone line and hook them up, but then only one person at a time can get on at one time, I think. Not sure about this... But pretty sure.

-Jamxx

I guess I'll just get a long phone cord, with a split connector, so I can get 2 or 3 on then net.

Question,

Do you already have a home network set up?

The reason being is why not just get one PC permamently connected to the internet and use Internet Connection Sharing. Works a treat.

Suppose, if you haven't got a network, ignore my post.

You may get a long cord with split connector but only 1 PC will be able to go on the net at a time!
If you can afford to have as many computers as you say, the investment for a change to DSL plus the cost of the router and wireless network cards should give you a good payback in a relatively short time.

Back
Top Bottom