How do i work this 's-video' socket on my graphics card?

he knows stuff, he just gets angry when people ask a simple question. so i post simple questions all the time just to be a nuisence

OK...I'm trying to keep my cool here, but this place is full of idiots! First off, that cable will not work unless you don't have a standard svideo jack. I know a couple video cards have more than the standard number of pins, but svideo is only 4 pins, not 7.

Everyone else, it's obvious he TRIED to find something and wasn't too successful, so why not actually show him a CORRECT link rather than bashing him that he should of searched...

rat_boy_100, I normally don't reply to people who don't use decent english, but I'll make an acception since I posted something earlier and these people probably screwed you up... I got my cable from MCM Electronics(I think the site's MCMelectronics.com)

The_Other_One said:
OK...I'm trying to keep my cool here, but this place is full of idiots! First off, that cable...

aint that what this forums for m8?

and i did find the right adapter...i just happened to give you one of a list that i'd found

and when i said 'he knows nothin' i meant he knows nothin about what i'm doing...he acts like he's been watchin ma screen n i've done it all wrong...

what exactly is proper english btw? people from britain talk in a different way then americans but they still speak english. Newfoundlanders speak differently than almost everyone but they still speak english, you sound kinda of racist to me

i.e-hitler thought that jews weren't good enough people so he killed 6 million of them.

you think people who dont talk exactly like yourself is not good enough so you usually dont talk to them.

LOL, should of clearified I guess... Idiots as the people helping ;P

As for english, I just mean using full words. I can't stand it when people use gr8, shud, and stuff like that. No comment on my spelling though, as I know I suck at that! At least I TRY to type real words out...Heh

No S-Video on a TV! on boy some must still be using rabbit ears antenna.
Yes there are S-Video connectors to RCA jack; and there are RCA plugs that you can screw on a coax, so you can bring the video signal to your TV. But you will need to bring the sound to your TV from your sound card and you will need another wire setup for that.
You mention your card has an s-video and a cable that plugs into it; do you mean a coax cable plug cause maybe you have the option of sending out the video signal to your TV via the s-video or the coax. If this is the case then during setup you will be asked if you are using s-video or composite, choose the one you will be using.

my vcr has an s-vid in and s-vid out, the s-vid out is connected to the tv, so i hook my comp in to the s-vid in and wallah comp screen on my tv...simple

Back
Top Bottom