whenis intel going to come out with a sli board

Well, I don't know much about what Intel are planning, but nVidia are planning on releasing a Intel based nForce 4 (also known as nForce 5, dunno, people getting mixed up) with SLI and such forth.

Heres a link to check out-
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/10/nvidia_nforce_intel/

Can I just ask, does anyone have any thoughts on what other chipset makers are doing to counteract nVidias SLI chipsets. i.e. SiS and VIA.

One of nVIDIA's worst decisions. Making SLI for Intel? Ewwww...making such an achivement of dual-GPU rendering and making it compatible with such a filthy, piece of crap CPU? They must've been drunk or something.

alvino said:
One of nVIDIA's worst decisions. Making SLI for Intel? Ewwww...making such an achivement of dual-GPU rendering and making it compatible with such a filthy, piece of crap CPU? They must've been drunk or something.
Money talks...

I think this could prove quite interesting.

For instance, compared to the VIA chipsets, the second lot of nForce 1 and all of the nForce 2 chipsets gave the AMD platform a significant boost in performance. Not to mention that nVidia's nForce 2 memory controller was a bit more efficient and faster than VIA's too-late-released dual channel memory chipset for the socket A platform (I think it was called the KT880)

No real great chipset manufacturer has had a chance till now to get their hands into the intel chipshop market (SiS aren't known for being the fastest kid on the block, but I think VIA's stability sucks). Perhaps it could surprise us all. One things for sure, it can only be good for us, the consumer - driving prices down, and lifting performance up.

think about the graphic design potential of dual x850xt pe's and a 3.8ghz ee p4..since after all p4's are better at graphic design and calculations. AMD's are amazing for gaming thats probably why they have the SLI market right now. but they should have a SLI board for intel chipsets.

Back
Top Bottom