Sleepy PC won't wake up!

well actually i bought a compaq and it didnt have an AGP slot so i bought new motherboard and it wouldnt fit. so i had to buy a new case, it all went together fine and wa-la i was playing on it the next day. everything should be compatible

Thats dead strange. Is it not still under warranty?

I would try to rebuild it. What he ment by resit the memory is remove the memory module and put it back in again, does sound like a problem that can be caused by memory.

A small tip, depending on how much dust is in your pc, get a pencil rubber and GENTLY rub it length ways accross the gold contacts of the memory module on both sides before you re-install it - sometimes it can bring a dead memory module back to life. (try to earth yourself as much as possible - like touch a radiator now and again)

well, I think it can be that many things.

The system could run like that under a dead CPU,Motherboard, RAM, GFX Card and even a dodgy HDD. I reckon he should swap each bit in turn until he finds the problem.

No, the computer is not under warranty.

I've tried everything I can think of and has been suggested short of replacing parts. Still nothing. I think maybe I've already zapped something and it's too late.

I can buy a new computer that's better then this one for under $500, which is half of what this one cost when I bought it about 5 or so yrs ago. It's been down for about a year and was only used for about 2 or 3 years before it did this, which is what sucks about it.

I think that I'll just keep this one for parts. I was just hoping I could fix it cheaply. (?) It doesn't sound cheap to replace each part until I find the problem. Might as well just get a new one.

Unless anyone else has other ideas?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom