game runs slow..is it my ram, cpu, vid card?

merlin85

Baseband Member
The newest medal of honor game has a delayed shot and cursor..and it choppy at times. i was wondering if i need to get more ram, a better cpu, or a ne vid card to make this game run smoothly

ati radeon 9600xt 128 mb
521mb pc3200 ram
amd athlon 2500+ (OC to 2.2 ghz)

please help

Yeah im guessing its your RAM cause the rest should run it well

Plus MOH sucks balls
Call of duty is better

Are u playing online when this happens?

It isnt RAM, thats for sure. Just try loweriong the settings and closing out all other programs and download the ATI tool(search google for it) and then OC a little.

merlin85 said:
no it happens during the campaign

This may or may not be the cause, but run a spyware sweeper and then defragment your hard-drive. It could be the case. I defragmented my hard-drive and realized that why my machine was suffering slow downs was not because of hard-ware problems but because the hard-drive was so badly fragmented.

What kinda temps are you getting? Could it be too hot?

I doubt your RAM would be the problem, but you could try running it without a paging file. That almost always speeds things up if the game will work in your hardware ram...

Drivers, as mentioned, could cause problems too. I've noticed pretty big difference after I updated mine...

money_man said:
so if he was to run a defrag lets say everynight before bed his computer would run in tip top shape?

It is one of the various causes, and since nobody named it I thought it was good for me to mention it. You only have to do it every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom