Extracting the SAM file

My school is not the brightest. They have dvd+-rw's in the computer lab and they don't block regedit or lusmgr. I think it is called lusmgr or something close. Correct me if I am wrong.

solution

ok heres what you do, boot up on knoppix std, and then copy the SAM to the Ramdrive (it worked for me) then try again with emailing it to yourself.

solution

yup ok if you try this it should work. copy the SAM file to /ramdisk/home/Knoppix/ then try emailing it to yourself. Why do you need to send this file somewhere selse though, Knoppix STD i think has some built in cracker

Sam file

Ok all you need to do is load up knoppix or knoppix STD depending on what you prefer (Or some other live Linux distro) they you copy the sam and system files. The system file should be around 5 Megs and the sam will be around 500 kilobytes. Then use you'r archive tool and make a new archive. The two files will compress about 60-70 percent. This will make them around 1.3 Megs in size. Just put them on your handy dandy floppy turn off the computer take your disk and walk away like nothing happened.

i have a question, if you wanted to hack into someone's computer, couldn't you extract the sam file from your own computer and replace the computer(you want to hack)'s sam file with your's? then wouldn't all the passwords on that computer be the same as the passwords on your computer? i dunno, i know nothing about sam files.....forgive me for such a n00b question... :(

crazyjoe16 said:
i have a question, if you wanted to hack into someone's computer, couldn't you extract the sam file from your own computer and replace the computer(you want to hack)'s sam file with your's? then wouldn't all the passwords on that computer be the same as the passwords on your computer? i dunno, i know nothing about sam files.....forgive me for such a n00b question... :(

No, that wouldn't happen. Windows XP has it pretty much 99.999% secure. Now notice I say Windows XP. When you are in another OS that has access to the NTFS partition, it's not secure at all. You can easily extract it in the many ways people have said in this topic.

Back
Top Bottom