OUTLOOK 2000 ... help pleeeease

fsteyer

Baseband Member
Hallo -

a few days ago I had a power outage. When I opened up Outlook again it prompted me to create a new personal folder ... I guess my old one got corrupted or something. Is there any way of getting my old data back? I did PST searches but can only find my current (emty!) one. I had lots of info in that folder and really would appreciate help ... would a data recovery system find raw data like that?
Thank you

Hum, did you do a system restore! but their again your .pst file is data and doesn't change. Maybe Outlook is asking your to create a new personal file folder because that outage may have switched you to a new user, which did not have a .pst file. Check in the USERS in the control panel to see if there could have been a switch.

thanks for the reply -
I have my login password protected. I don't know, but doesn't that assure that I'm logged in under my correct user log on? Even if it had switched me, wouldn't a search bring up all user PST files? I could be all wrong here, but I sure appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks

Good question, I guess you would, but were your outlook files saved as .pst!
Are you using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express; they use different file extensions like the address book is a .wab (windows address book) and saved emails have the .eml extension.

If you have the Office 2000 CD, insert it in your cdrom and repair your Outlook installation. It's too bad you lost those files. What I do with important things I forward them to my hotmail account. I can stock up to 250 Meg of emails, can access it from anywhere, they are in safety! and it's free.

Your files must have been stored as .dbx.. in your outlook folder.. import it again... your problem will get solved..

dont have your spam mails in your folder.. so that your .dbx files will have lesser sizes... try using some anti spam tools.. one such thing is BSpam... as far as my knowldge.. check for it...

http://www.bspam.com

Back
Top Bottom