Intel's 64-bit article brough to you by CNET and also a little SLI prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying anything more. In fact i'm immediately withdrawing from this thread. Leave it to you guys.

LOL, why do fanboys always find it hard to accept that a company has caught up with the rest of the compition. Apple did release the first 64bit DESKTOP processor, however, it still uses 32bit software with only some 64bit extended applicaions.

Listen Giancarlo, the P4 6xx series is fully compatible with AMD 64_x86 instruction set with only a slight difference in how memory is addressed. Perhaps you should do some research. Be nutrual about it.

Note, I'm not saying that this CPU is better than the equivilent AMD, I'm saying that it caught up with AMD. Also, no AMD CPU has DDR2, SSE3 or hyperthreading support. If you actually read up about the new 6xx series of CPU's, you will know that they are actually stonkers of a CPU at 64bit proccessing.

I still don't get how you can say that it isn't a 64bit CPU. It has 64bit registers, 64bit instruction support e.t.c. Anyone here actually going to say how this is architecturely not 64bit? hard technical facts?

Perhaps I'll get the information here now that I did not get from my own thread I created a few days ago about the Intel P4 6xx series.

I love being able to use both makes of CPU, AMD and Intel. Enough Fanboy shit!

I had to pull myself back into this one. But to respond to this crap. I do not think Intel has caught up with the debut of this CPUs.

And listen connchri, don't fall into the deception trap, but the Intel P4 6xx isn't 64-bit. I do not know how to make this anymore clear to you but that is how it is.

This CPU is not better then AMD, and it hasn't caught up. What Intel needs to do is release a real 64-bit processor. But that's quite a bit ways of.

It isn't a 64-bit CPU. If you are brainless enough to think it is, that's fine by me. Go ahead.. think that.

You are the one being a fanboy for intel.

WOW, Giancarlo. 1st you decided to rant and rave at me on msn messenger (well, actually to my girlfriend) then you tell me that I'm an Intel fanboy???

2nd, I dont own, and never have bought an Intel CPU - Why, because I have AMD CPU's and currently prefer them.

3rd, I am open minded, therefore I am looking into the latest 6xx series P4 - understand, open minded NOT an Intel fanboy.

4th, I never said it was a better CPU, READ THE BLOODY POST.

5th, and you get this in the e-mail I sent you, THE 6xx SERIES IS A 64bit CPU - why, because it has 64bit registers, addresses memory in 64bit, and believe it or not, RUNS 64BIT CODE! (just like it runs Windows XP 64bit).

And will you for the love of god, please tell me WHY it isn't 64bit? technically. I have gave you my argument, this is a discussion forum, so you discuss your argument about how it isn't a 64bit CPU - thats how you can make it more clear to me!.

Giancarlo, rather than insist 4 times in one post that it isnt 64-bit, mabey it would help if you posted some evedence to explain why it is not 64-bit?

God you guys do my headin, intel has bought it out for 2 reasons:

1. They need to bring a 64 bit CPU out because Longhorn will need the 64-Bit to run the applications.

2. Intel what the muilt-tasking faster and better.

So why dont you 2 just be quite and stop bitching crap.

No one cares its a CPU wow boner, it just proccess things faster and made to do its job.

lol, jack, if memory serves, you were dead against the P4 6xx series as well, what do you think about it now?

Could be wrong though, but tell me your view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom