Computer Career

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Hello Folks. I've been checking out these boards here for a while now and finally decided to join up. Seem to have a good deal of cool, knowledgeable people here.

Hopefully you guys could answer a question for me.

I've been around computers most of my life, and it really peaks my interests. Lately I've been wanting to get into it as far as a career goes. But I'm a bit in the dark as far as what classes or courses I could take to help me achieve it. I want to be able to build/repair-upgrade, and then do alot of programming with computers. If any of you know where I should look to learn the material, books to read, or what I should take, I would greatly appreciate it.

Even Graphic Design gets me all wired up, 3d Animation is alot of fun. I want to get into something where theres high demand, and after reading another post It seems what I first posted is a bit overpopulated, and I don't doubt that, but having that knowledge wouldn't hurt either.

Where would one go to learn Graphic Design and 3d Anim?...Tech Colleges?

AmericanSensei

welcome to the forums mate, simple rule be nice and its all smooth sailing.

good luck with the computer industry too, i was looking that way at one stage, not anymore though.

Try looking into Management Information Systems (MIS) or Computer Information Systems (CIS) degree. They have classes on troubleshooting/building/upgrading PCs, networking, C++, Visual Basic, HTML, LInux, Oracle, SQL, other database designs, systems analysis, mastering Microsoft Office, Windows Server, etc. You name it, they will teach you. That's what I'm into. It falls under Business Administration at Cal State. Good to get into.

welcome dooood! i've been wondering about a computer career myself, but also have no clue what to do or what classes to take :D

AmericanSensei said:
Even Graphic Design gets me all wired up, 3d Animation is alot of fun. I want to get into something where theres high demand, and after reading another post It seems what I first posted is a bit overpopulated, and I don't doubt that, but having that knowledge wouldn't hurt either.

Where would one go to learn Graphic Design and 3d Anim?...Tech Colleges?

Find a good Art School that has specialized programs for 3d animation and computer graphics.

Back
Top Bottom