Floppy Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't optical. They are an older storage format. Infact a very old storage format.

And your friend should of used some common sense before buying a 32MB thumbdrive for $100.. there is nothing you can do.

Ahem...

Floppies are not optical, they are magnetic. Like old cassette tapes.
If you're wanting to copy floppies you can install a second floppy drive refered to as a "B" drive. Then just copy "A" to "B". As many times as you want or the drives wear out.

I menat to say it the othr way, sorry for incorrect information, left out a key word.

They have CD Burners because you can carry the disk around to work and it is bigger space on the Cd+ They can be used for Car cd player, cd player, pc, walkmen loads of things.

The floppy only is for wordpad and things like that, floppys are made for 2 things these days:
People still use them.
And there easy to put stuff on them.

My friend put Doom 4 on a floppy, and it worked. He said he used a rft format for it. Should I do the same? And he said that if you play it on a floppy, it works better. And he said that the floppy runs faster on PHP settings and with this it runs with DirectX GL. He said that the floppy somehow converts megahertz to gigahertz with the magenetic properties.

What they hell are you, or you're friend trying to say? Sounds like someone's just throwing out a bunch of computer terms hoping to sound smart ;P

Doom 4... that's a new one for me lol.. thanks for the laugh tho.

"He said that the floppy somehow converts megahertz to gigahertz with the magenetic properties."

Sounds like he has been smoking too much mary jane.

Enought of this...

I know there is no way no matter how great and wonderful your compression is that you can fit Doom on a floppy. And there is no way a floppy can convert megahertz to gigahertz. Either your friend is pulling your chain or you're trying to pull ours.
This thread is locked. Please consider looking online for the truth of the matter. Google really can be your friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom