All SB-Live's 24bit?

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
Hello there. I was tinkering with Media Player Classic(not to be confused with Windows Media Player) and saw an option for 24bit audio playback. After selecting this, I can hear a difference in the sound quality. Pretty big one at that. I tried 32bit, but it began to skip a bit...

Now I know the Sound Blaster Live's that Creative has on their site is a 24 bit version, but they look different than what I have(assumingly the older version, 5.1) I was just wondering if this too was 24bit or if was just emulating it or what not...

Strangely, my laptop also plays sounds in 24bit with this setting without skipping, but I can't tell as much of a difference(probably from the crappy speakers)

Hi,

Yeah but that will have nothing to do with the bit as in the difference between sound qualities (dvd for example). This will just be changing the sound quality, and 16-24bit and even 32bit is the standard for standard audio as in how much is being transferred. This would work on any soundcard.

The Creative Soundblaster Audigys', are the only ones with true 24bit sound... don't exactly know what this means though. I tihnk it adds even more depth and quality, but is again nothing like the thing your program has (for more speakers, better production)

Its like i guess, telling the difference between a 128kbps mp3, and a 320kbps mp3 (best quality), or even 16bit and 24bit PCM Wave files. Get what I mean?

Anyone know exactly what the 24bit means in the audigy cards? Is it in the hardware rather than software to make it run faster for example?

*KaGe*

DVD's are still 16bit, right. Just 48000Hz.

I know about the different bit rates and all, just thought it was a bit odd that my sound card could handle 24bit so well. I really couldn't ask for much better sound than what my system gives me, and I don't see how the Audigy could be much better. *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom