Ever been screwed over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of SAT's my dad bought me this software that should help me raise my SAT score. Well it didn't...so yeah I agree SAT's shouldnt dictate your future. I'm in a good college right now taking marketing.

I hear that the new SAT is brutally long.. I'm not looking forward to the essay.. but hey on the 800 scale, i got 650 as an 8th grader, so I have a really nice shot at perfect in 12th grade.

man we dont have none of that stuff her in Oz. u get ur individual marks for each course in Highschool (yr10) then u get ur marks and a UAI (uni admission index) out of 100 if u want to go to uni, but thats optional since u can go to tafe which is $h!+ loads cheaper and just as well respected here as uni, maybe moreso since u get LOTS more hands on experience at tafe as opposed to uni which takes longer, is far more expensive, leaves u with debts and there is no guarantee that u have a job when its all finnished.

plus, traineeships and apprenticeships here pay you to go to tafe for like 1 day a week while you are becoming a tradesperson. and the business benefits too since ur not fully qualified and they dont have to pay u as much as a fully qualified person.

as for me, im joining the army and provided that all goes right with my medical results that i get back this week then i should be making over $50 for a day of work, ill get over $30 for 4 hrs once a week. this is just the reserves! i have no qualifications for that!

but u see for me, i NEED qualifications to get jobs, especially later in life when im a bodyguard, whch is the final result. i intend to join the army part time to get some financial independence, then join full time for some years, then do a TAFE bodyguarding course and go into conflict areas and get paid a thru the teeth to keep some guy alive for a few months.

An Ozzie soldier makes $50K-$80K i think roughly per anum, as opposed to bodyguards in iraq who make $200K on average.

thats where i want to be. somewhere like iraq in 10years time or so.

but what i need to know cant be self taught. it just doesnt work that way.

not saying that people cant self teach themselves. anyone with the passion, dedication and social skills can get ANYWHERE, yes gian i said ANYWHERE, because despite what you may believe, it is not just WHAT you know in todays society, but also WHO you know. so if you have good social skills (which yours appear to need some polishing, not saying that ur inept or anything, just needs a bit of control) then u can make friends with people in high places, that can get u to a lot of things that would have been held off normally. the passion and determination to learn will carry you the rest of the way. people who count will be able to see these values, they will know that you are a fast learner, and smart person, willing to learn and handle responsibility and so on. and even if they cant, the people you know can help you to a degree to get there.

you dont need degrees and all that to get places, its just that some places require ladders and some dont...

but it all leads to death i guess, u work your body to the breaking point and thenrelax in retirement and die in a few short years... for what? a nice slab of cold dirt with you buried 6' under it and a hunk of stone on top. of course people are sad, but hey, life goes on. the world is a big machine, or an ant nest, the individual doesnt matter, the clolony or the machine does. we need the low paid, boring, repetitive jobs, the unskilled labour and so on. they are the building blocks, but if the world gets too top heavy then it will all just crash down around us and leave us in ruin.

think about what u say gian, think about others experiences, their knowledge, their contacts. what can they know that u cant, and dont say that they are stupid, for it is stupid in itself to say that any one man is smarter than another, for we all excell at different things that the others do not. you have political science, i have weaponry and killing people and so on, jack22 has his mate in the military, your mates may have conversations like this where u are the mate that jack22 refers to and people dont believe them either.

just because u dont think a thing is possible doesnt mean that it cant be accomplished... its just a matter of time untill it is, thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom