Ok, help me out here....

Tweak

In Runtime
My moms good friend has a 10 year old son. I practically treat him lilke a younger brother. We play games 2gether on computers and whatnot. Now, his family is building a new house and they are getting him a new comp. They will pay half of how ever much it costs. He said he doesnt want to spend more than $500, which means a total of $1000. I need help on getting parts. He said he wants a computer that can play games good, but it does not have to be incredible. So far I got good parts, but it ends up being a little more than $1200. AMD 3200+, 6600GT PCI-E, and all the other goodies. Here is a wish list link to what I have, can anyone give me idead on what to change and whatnot. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thermaltake SOPRANO VB1430BWS Black Middle Tower Case With X type side panel window & 430W Power Supply -RETAIL

Thermaltake Thunderblade 120mm (BLUE) LED High Performance DC fan, Model "A1926" (gotta make it look cool)

GIGABYTE "GA-K8NF-9" NVIDIA nForce4 4X Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL

EVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB GDDR3, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express, Model "128-P2-N368-TX" -RETAIL

Crackin'Deals
AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512k L2 Cache, The Only 64-bit Windows Compatible Processor - Retail

Crackin'Deals
Geil Ultra Series Value Dual Channel 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 w/ Blue Heatspreader - Retail

NEC 1.44MB Floppy Drive, Model FD1231H, OEM Drive Only

Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, MODEL 6Y080M0, OEM Drive Only

LG Electronics 52X32X52X16 Combo Drive, Model GCC-4521BB, OEM

I need a good screen 4 him too, but I dont know which one. And he plays Medal Of Honor and hes gonna get Half Life 2........

wishlists dont show up

now this kid is 10, his games arent going to need to be great. Go with AGP with him, not pci-e, lower the cpu and just oc for him. He proablly doesnt need 1 gb of memory, mayby 786.

try a cheaper case maybe over the net. Get a generic brand floppy if u really need it and get a cheap 40 gig hard drive and try to keep the old screen he had he can get a new one later. or if he only wants to play games get him an X-box or playstation.

Naw, he likes computer games, and he already has an X-Box. And that floppy is only 8 bucks........I guess I could get him a 40 gig HD.

why does a 10 year old need a 6600? whoa dude...im 15 and i have a x300. what is he going to use his comp for?

he's goona control navy nuclear missile silos with a graphical world interface drawnout by satellite signal.
you see, the younger kids have better eye hand coordination..

Back
Top Bottom