possibly upgrading video card

nickbuddy1111

In Runtime
does anyone know, or have an opinion on what the best 4x size graphics card is? i already own a geForce4 mx440 (i know, its sad, but im a 14 year old and didnt have money) and if there is a better one, will i be able to see any differnce at all? if so big or small.
sys specs:
256 mb ram
40 gb hdd
geforce 4 mx440 64mb
thats about it
o yea celeron 2.6 i think

Um, whats yur budget. But dude, with that system you wont see much of a differnce...What games you want to play?

i play half life to on min settings and still get lag,i got maybe $100 to spend and then im just gonna build one from scratch, i wanted one to hold me over, but since there wont be a big difference that wont matter. what brought it to my attention is i saw geforce6600 OC 256 mb(i think thats is) for $150 plus $50 rebate and i looked at the picture and on the box it said 8x/4x, does that mean it will fit in my computer or am i missing somthing?

i play half life to on min settings and still get lag,i got maybe $100 to spend and then im just gonna build one from scratch, i wanted one to hold me over, but since there wont be a big difference that wont matter. what brought it to my attention is i saw geforce6600 OC 256 mb(i think thats is) for $150 plus $50 rebate and i looked at the picture and on the box it said 8x/4x, does that mean it will fit in my computer or am i missing somthing? im looking to get higher FPS on the half life 2 mods that will be coming in the next 3 months or so (theres like 5 cool ones you should check em out) [edit] oops sorry about the double post guys , didnt mean it

First, 4x/8x isnt size, it's speed. It will work at 4x speeds but hjow much are you going to spend on your new system? I would save the 100$ and put it towards your next system as it wouldnt be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom