Temperature on your video card

Okay, I got a blower and two more fans. Now I have two exhaust fans, one intake fan on the side and one intake fan in the front. I have the exhaust blower TWO PCI slots under my video card. The heatsink is facing the fan, and there is warm air coming from the vent. I'm still getting 80-85 degrees Celcius! I had it right up under the heatsink, but it even got to 90 degrees Celcius! I figured that the material surrounding the fan was heating up because it was so close, so I moved it down. I have the V-Tuner set on a 500 MHz core clock speed and 1000 MHz memory clock speed... If I'm correct, isn't that the normal for a 6600 GT? I thought it was... But I could be wrong.

How can I get this thing to cool?!

-Jamxx

My 6600GT runs 50 on average and its OC'ed even (550mhz core and 1120mhz memory). When I play games like HL2 or CS:S, it gets to about 60 tops.

That's why I don't understand why I'm getting such high temperatures! My card is set at the default settings (500/1000 MHz) and I get an idle temperature of about 60 C and under load I get about 83 C! Something isn't right... I have a PCI exhaust blower fan under the thing! It shouldn't be heating up like this!

By the way, how do you change the temperature threshold? It won't let me change it in that screen... Is it in the BIOS or what?

zoomtm said:
seems like alot of ppl are bsing about temps on this forum lately..why?
Heat reduces performance. Along with shortning the life of the device.
Why do you think there is such an industry making heatsinks and fans?
Ways to reduce heat and increase performance get traded in high volumes in forums like this one.
As for the bsing as you put it you have to remember this is the internet, some things are not as they seem...

I moved the exhaust blower back up a slot, and now the fan intake on that is DIRECTLY below the fan pushing the hot air out of the video card. There is about a 2 mm clearance... Is this too close? I'm getting about a 61 degrees Celcius core temperature right now. I just booted my computer up and I haven't done anything except open up Firefox and post this message. Is it possible that something is wrong with the heatsink or what? Do Gigabyte video cards run really hot? I'm confused, and I want to get this fixed. I've been looking around on the Internet and apparently this card runs a bit hotter than the other comparable 6600 GT's, but I don't think that without overclocking it, it should be this high.

-Jamxx

This is just getting worse... Now it is idling at about 66 degrees Celcius!!! I'm becoming very worried...

Please, I need all the help I can get!!!

- (a very irritated and anxious) Jamxx

Back
Top Bottom