Help finding new ram

clancey

Solid State Member
Hi, my computer has been randomly restarting and I have determined that it was the ram. So I need to buy some new stuff. My problem is that I have no idea how to determine if a certain one will work with my computer. the motherboard is an ECS P4vmm2 V3.2. My motherboard manual says

Installing Memory Modules
This mainboard accommodates 168-pin 3.3V/184-pin 2.5V unbuffered
SDRAM memory modules. The memory chips must be standard or registered SDRAM (Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory).
The CPU supports 100MHz system bus. The SDRAM DIMMs and DDRs can synchronously work with 100 MHz or operates over a 266 MHz system bus.
DDR SDRAM provides 800 MBps or 1 GBps data transfer depending on whether the bus is 100 MHz or 266 MHz. It doubles the rate to 1.0 GBps and 2.1 GBps by transferring data on both the rising and falling edges of the clock. DDR SDRAM uses additional power and ground lines and requires 184-pin 2.5V unbuffered DIMM module rather than the 168-pin 3.3V unbuffered DIMMs used by SDRAM.

I am looking for either 512mb or mabye 1gb if I can find a decent deal on it. If someone could explain how this works, or give me a link to one that would work I would really appreciate it.

Thanks-Erik

Hi,

Just looked up the motherbaord and the site i found says it supports DDR266 / DDR200 and Supports PC133 / PC100 speed ram

I'll tell you what, this is a site that will tell you exactly what ram will work on your pc.
It goes through the specs and gives the result. It is then as simple as finding that ram and gives you many options too.

http://www.crucial.com/calculator/

There you go, and this will definetly find one that will work for you :)

Hope this helps
*KaGe*

Yeah but I was using that as an example to find ram that would definetly work on the machine ...

Didn't see your reply first..takes me soo long..too much chatting...

*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom